As Escape Campus are members of Lancaster University Homes you can be sure that we are a professional agent, however there are always horror stories and urban legends when it comes to student houses, landlords and letting agents. Unfortunately these stories exist because there are people out there who have had bad experiences.
What we mean by bad experiences are: paying rent but not getting a house to live in, landlords not returning deposits, contracts that aren’t clear, concise and within the law, guarantors that are asked to guarantee the whole houses rent, not just yours, landlords that think they can come and go from your home without asking or giving you notice, complaints that aren’t listened to and handled professionally and nowhere to go when you’re not happy with the result of your complaint.
These are all things that just shouldn’t happen but have in Lancaster, and recently. Escape Campus has taken the following steps to ensure they cannot happen when renting with us:
- We are members of professional bodies, such as UKALA, which ensure we have access to professionally produced documents and training and we are bound by their standards of service.
- We have Client Money Protection, which is insurance for any money you pay to us, which means your money is safe and secure until it reaches the landlord or deposit service it’s intended for.
- We are members of the Property Redress Scheme (PRS), a redress scheme that is independent and works to resolve any complaints made about us and our services.
- We are members of the Deposit Protection Service and lodge all of your deposits with them, which provides you with a clear and independent process for getting your deposit back at the end of your contract.
- Our houses have all been inspected by LUH and comply with all local and national safety and quality standards for rented properties, not just student properties, as well as meeting the locally agreed standards for student accommodation. This includes certificates for; gas, electricity and energy performance, as well as any required ‘Houses in Multiple Occupancy’ licences.
All these things ensure that you and your money are safe and protected and you have and know about the process to go through if you are not happy with anything to do with the service you are receiving or the property you are living in.
If that sounds just like the kind of student accommodation set up you are looking for, then contact us today.