Moving into your new student home in Lancaster is an exciting time! You finally have the independence you’ve been waiting for and there are so many things to look forward to in university and the wider area. But have you considered all the things you’re going to need? Whether it’s settling into your new Lancaster property or getting the most out of your studies, here are our top 5 must haves for students.
- A reliable computer is essential. You’ll soon find that you can’t always rely on the computers in the library, as they may not always be available! Unless you book ahead, you may find yourself struggling to find an available computer, especially at peak times! A laptop is the perfect solution, as it’s portable and allows you to work from some of the best places in Lancaster for students. Curry’s in Lancaster has some great deals for students and there are also lots of second hand shops in Lancaster such as CEX where you can grab a great deal!
- A desk is definitely essential to work from. Being able to sit at a desk in your student house, helps you to stay focussed when working from home, and keeps everything organised. Don’t be tempted to work from your bed! From Argos to Dunelm, there’s a wide selection of shops in Lancaster and Morecambe for great student furniture.
- Keep fit and enjoy the great outdoors by investing in a bike! There are some fabulous cycle routes in Lancaster and having a bike makes it easy to get between university and the city, whilst keeping fit. More and more people are turning towards two wheels to get around the city, avoiding congestion and enjoying routes along the beautiful Lancaster canal. Halfords is a great place to start, but if you’re on a budget, you can snap up a bargain on Facebook Marketplace.
- If two wheels aren’t for you, or you simply want to venture further afield, then a bus pass for student in Lancaster is essential. Invest in a weekly, monthly or even annual ticket to save on travel around the city. The Lancashire pass also allows you to travel through to the Lake District, as well as Preston, Manchester and beyond. So you can sit back, stick your headphones in and enjoy the journey through some of Lancashire’s best countryside. Bliss!
- There are lots of options for student gym memberships in Lancaster. From Lancaster University Sports Centre to Salt Ayre and lots of independent gyms in between, you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to keeping fit. If yoga is more your thing, then The Herbarium has one of the best yoga venues in the heart of Lancaster, as well as hosting live events throughout the year.
Now you’re armed with everything you need to get off to a great start, you can enjoy everything on offer for students in Lancaster!